Monday, March 17, 2014

over it.

9 more days. more or less. i'm trying my best to anticipate that the baby will be late like bennett was, but it's hard not to go a little crazy hoping he will come early. i am pretty uncomfortable and tired but having a hard time sleeping, primarily because my hands are swollen and achey. nesting is not even on my radar. even my maternity clothes feel tight. i. am. over it. you know you're ready to have a baby when going on a diet to lose the baby weight sounds more appealing than continuing to stuff your face with doughnuts. not that i've been doing that...

today (38 weeks 5 days) marks the first time i've used my hair drier in an embarrassingly long time.

i have planned things to look forward to most days this week so i'm not just sitting here thinking of reasons it is joe's fault i'm still pregnant. ha, poor joe. i'm excited for a fun dinner out with my friends katie and julie tonight. julie is in town from chicago where she is a third year OB/GYN resident. i will work hard to not ask her to slip me some pitocin or check my cervix in the bathroom. ha. but seriously. we also have a few play dates planned and a breakfast to celebrate my friend blair's return home from her year in germany where her hubby plays hockey.

i have been reminded of how blessed we are to have so many supportive people in our lives. we have had countless offers to help with bennett when i go into labor and know we could call any of them, even in the middle of the night, and they'd be here. also, my mom has been a huge blessing to us. not only has she watched ben for me almost every week for the past 2 months so i can make it to my weekly ultrasounds (even though it's a 1-2 hour drive, depending if she's coming from their townhouse in minnetonka or their house in wisconsin), she has also helped with cleaning and laundry, set up both boys' new rooms, and is treating me to a manicure/pedicure (and babysitting during the appointment) this week. i'm honestly not sure what i would do without her.

the bags are actually packed now (except for joe's, but that's on him), the infant car seat is installed, and we are ready for this baby's debut. any time now, buddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment