Monday, June 9, 2014

effort and results.

ok so weight loss just doesn't seem to be happening for me. i'm putting in a solid effort- tracking my calories in myfitnesspal, walking nearly every day, and even got in a couple classes at the gym this past week. but still, nada. it truly is hard to stay motivated when the number on the scale doesn't reflect the work i'm putting in. i was feeling really good about how the weekend went and was excited to see a lower number on the scale this morning. but i hopped on, saw the exact same weight as last week, and instantly felt defeated.

stupid scale.

i know that the number doesn't change the fact that i got some good exercise in this weekend and did a pretty good job of watching what i ate, but seeing that number stay the same manages to make me feel like i failed. i need to break up with the scale. maybe putting it out here will help keep me accountable. i'm going to keep tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal and i'm not going to weigh in again until the end of the month.

three weeks will hopefully reflect my effort overall rather than the daily fluctuations. if the scale hasn't budged by then i will reevaluate my daily calorie goal and make adjustments. sometimes it's just trial and error to find the right balance: eat back calories burned through exercise or not? too many calories or not enough? 

weight loss is tough. i get easily discouraged and have a hard time keeping my emotions out of it. I have to remember i just had a baby (it feels like a long time ago but it hasn't even been 3 months yet). it took ten months to put on the weight and it's not going to come off instantly. plus i'm breastfeeding. for some people that makes the weight just fall right off but apparently that's not how my body works. i can sulk and whine about it and stuff my face with baked goods, or i can keep at it. giving up isn't going to get me the results i want, so i'm just going to persevere. it has to pay off eventually, right?

thank goodness these faces are worth every extra pound.



the donut probably doesn't help... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment